Company Secretarial Services
Chief Executive Officer
The firm’s Company Secretarial Services are undertaken through Alsec Nominees Limited (Alsec).
Alsec is a limited liability company that was registered at the Corporate Affairs Commission (“CAC”) in 1987. Alsec advises on matters relating to business establishment in Nigeria and undertakes the incorporation of companies at the CAC. Alsec also assists new companies with foreign equity participation in their capital structure in obtaining foreign investment approvals, which such companies are statutorily required to obtain. These include registration with the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission and obtaining business permit.
Alsec provides a full range of company secretarial services to over 180 public and private companies operating within the various sectors of the Nigerian economy including financial services, oil and gas, health management, engineering services, real estate and property development, printing, power and energy, telecommunication, manufacturing, hospitality, confectionery, food and beverage, inspection services, capital markets, information technology and logistics. The services provided by Alsec include the following:
- Preparing and circulating notices of company/board meetings and minutes and resolutions in relation thereto;
- attending company/board meetings and preparing minutes;
- maintenance of statutory registers, minute books and keeping corporate seals;
- filing annual returns and other returns required to record changes in directors and the allotment of shares;
- attesting to and executing company documents on behalf of the company as may be required by the board, or by law;
- advising on compliance by the company with applicable rules and regulations i.e. corporate governance obligations and the requirements of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Cap C20, LFN 2004, the Nigerian Stock Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission, where relevant and applicable.
Alsec actively participates in corporate advisory work including conducting due diligence (confirmation and compliance) investigations in transactions undertaken by the firm. The Alsec team has acquired vast experience over the years in the area of corporate governance and this experience is of immense benefit to the firm in supporting its mergers and acquisition transactions as well as its corporate restructuring practice.